ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
- 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
ARPAC Employment Opportunities
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 866-896-2783 Posted: 5/16/2018
Account Receivable Specialist
- Generate and manage the invoicing for all Machine and Aftermarket sales activity.
- Review & reconciliation of machine sales order documentation to order specifications & customer purchase orders.
- Post payments to customer accounts. Process credit card payments.
- Overall responsibility for the collection of funds due to the company from customers.
- Manage the credit files for all customers, including conducting credit checks on all new customers and establishing credit limits. Manage the credit status of existing customers.
- Prepare and distribute weekly reports to upper management regarding cash receipts and AR collection issues.
- Prepare & report on various Month End Metric Reports.
- Work with IT to continue to improve the automation of accounts receivable processes & reports.
- Answer accounts receivable questions and follow up in a timely manner.
- Excellent collection skills. Proven track record of successful collection efforts.
- Ability to work independently
- Professional phone manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding communications skills both written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer. Intermediate level Excel spreadsheet skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office suite programs. Strong competency in ERP systems.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) preferred and five years’ experience in accounts receivable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in invoicing/billing in a high volume environment
PROJECT ENGINEER - INTEGRATION
- Meets with, or corresponds with, customers, sales representatives, distributors, etc., to ensure that the needs and expectations of the customer are fully understood and documented.
- Creates conceptual design layouts.
- Creates detailed machine drawings which meet ARPAC Standards. Ensures layouts are accurate and complete, insuring they understood by production staff and other engineers.
- Designs mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies and piece parts which function as required to meet customer needs and which can be manufactured and assembled economically.
- Design and build prototypes to prove concepts prior to machine design.
- basis for design decisions.
- Participates in or leads risk assessments.
- Prepares and distributes drawing packages, Bills of Material and other information as required for the manufacture and assembly of parts and finished machinery.
- Selects and/or specifies purchased parts to be used in the manufacture of the machine.
- Participates in customer meetings to discuss technical issues. Works with Sales to schedule final inspection visits.
- Implements customer "punch list" items when required. Works with sales to clarify commercial issues.
- Requests and/or reviews product samples or product descriptions. Coordinates with Project Manager to obtain samples on a timely basis.
- Works with the Documentation Department to ensure accuracy of Maintenance manuals.
- Provides support and assistance to other departments of ARPAC as required to ensure the timely completion, profitability and proper operation of machinery being built.
- Works with sales to create pre-sale concepts and budgets.
- Periodic travel may be required for pre-sale concept development, post-sale investigations and for field startup management.
- Proficiency in the application and use of mechanical components such as bearings, bushings, sprockets, gears, cams, etc.
- Knowledge of electromechanical devices such as servo-motors, ball screws, etc.
- Understanding of machine and system control concepts.
- Proficiency in the applications and use of conveyance systems.
- Ability to define line layouts to support sold scope and budget.
- Perform analytical calculations to evaluate design concepts, including stress/strain, torque, acceleration, drive ratios, etc.
- Ability to evaluate system operations, including production rates for machine processes and recognize potential problems from customer product configurations.
- Knowledge of standard drafting practices, including dimensioning, tolerancing, and ordinate dimensioning.
- Proficiency in the use of Solidworks.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing machines or equivalent related experience.
ELECTRO MECHANICAL ASSEMBLERS – 2nd Shift (3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.)
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings including identifying parts to drawing, symbol recognition and material recognition.
- Utilizing drawings plan assembly and build sequence.
- Build assemblies, sub-assemblies, segments of machines and construct/assist in constructing standalone machines and/or large integrated systems.
- Read, interpret and understand schematics including component and symbol recognition.
- Utilizing schematic, plan electrical assembly and wiring sequence.
- Follow electrical schematic for build and wiring. Builds and wiring may include electrical junction boxes, line connections, stop buttons, push buttons, safety switches, outlets, electrical motors, variable frequency drives, plc’s, electrical sub-assemblies, and other electrical units.
- Build and wire electrical control boxes and panels.
- Wire complete machines and systems.
- Ability to read blueprints and build to prints.
- Ability to read schematic and wire to schematic specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable electrical codes, NFPA-79 and UL 508A
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience preferred
POWDER COAT PAINTER – 2nd Shift (4:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.)
- Read blueprints to determine correct paint application.
- Prepare surfaces for powder coating this may include steam cleaning, de-greasing, and polishing.
- Set up equipment necessary for application of powder paint.
- Powder coat smoothly and evenly metals, parts, components and frames.
- Spray powder paint to industry and ARPAC standards.
- Apply consistent mil thickness.
- Monitor bake oven operation and times.
- Load and unload parts / frames from curing oven.
- Inspect finished product for quality finish and adhesion after cure.
- Touch up marred surfaces as required.
- Follow maintenance procedures for all equipment in paint booth.
- Maintain spray guns and equipment.
- Clean spraying equipment, booth and work area.
- Read and understand drawing paint specifications
- Knowledge and understanding of fire suppression systems
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience preferred.
- Liquid paint experience preferred – single and dual component
- Strong communication skills. Must understand direction and respond verbally as required.
- Positive attitude
- Must be self-motivated, work independently, have a team mentality, and work well with others.
MANUAL MILLING MACHINIST- 2nd Shift (4:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.)
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings including symbols, welding symbols, material type and material shape.
- Plan machining operations by studying work orders, blueprints, drawings, specifications, materials, machining parameters, and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Properly set up and operate Manual Mill and machine parts/components to the required specifications.
- Edit and program Bridgeport Manual Mill using Proto Trac MX2 Controls.
- Plan and perform a wide variety of diversified close tolerance milling operations.
- Ability to read blueprints and machine/weld components from drawings
- Solid knowledge of material shapes and types
- Background and experience with short production runs, multiple setups and changeovers
SERVICE TECHNICIANS (National and Regional)
Locations: Columbus (OH), Denver (CO), Phoenix (AZ), Las Vegas (NV), Minneapolis (MN), Detroit (MI) , Hartford (CT), Providence (RI), Boston (MA)
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales. Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
- Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to ARPAC personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
- o Prospect for future business relationships
- o Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Travel extensively in assigned territory.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC’s facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all Arpac machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales, Marketing, Final Assurance, Engineering, Production and Materials Management in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent ARPAC with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma and ten years’ experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
- Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
- Travel experience required.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Allen-Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.