ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
- 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
ARPAC Employment Opportunities
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 866-896-2783 Posted: 8/17/2018
CONTROLS ENGINEERAs our Controls Engineer you will be responsible for project execution that includes electrical design, programming, troubleshooting, and technical support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Accountable for complete project execution related to controls/electrical engineering. This includes meeting technical, schedule and budget objectives.
- Provide progressive and innovative electrical solutions to control requirements of the machines and/or systems.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers and formulate the electrical design concept and sequence of machine operation. The Controls Engineer is responsible of overall machine operation.
- Work with customers to refine customized control concept and to meet customer specification.
- Develop and program automation and control systems involving PLC’s, HMI’s, operator interface, servo controllers, motion controls, programmable switches and all other electrical components required for the machine.
- Design electrical controls utilizing AutoCAD.
- Prepare and distribute the Electrical Bills of Materials.
- Download programs into the PLC, operator interface, servo, etc.
- Set up drive parameters, troubleshoot machine operation and debug programs during final testing phases on the production floor.
- Direct the Electrical Assembly Department as required.. Provide guidance to ensure that the machine is built in accordance with the applicable standards and customer requirements.
- Up to 20% travel required
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with design and programming of servos, motion control, CAM profiling, HMI’s and VFD’s.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroLogix, Compact ControlLogix, RSLogix 5000 PLC’s.
- Thorough understanding of Ethernet network topologies and design.
- Knowledge and experience in the selection, specification and use of common industrial electronic components including starters, contractors, circuit breakers, proximity switches, photo-electric switches, position sensors, temperature sensors, controllers, DC, AC, and servo drives.
- Skilled in troubleshooting, problem solving and debugging industrial electrical control circuits and programs.
- Bchelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering desired (equivalent industry experience considered).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in programming and electrical design in related industry.
- System integration experience a plus.
- Robotic programming, preferable Motoman (Yaskawa) robots a plus.
- Background in designing industrial electrical circuits including component sizing and selection.
- Knowledge of NFPA 79 a plus.
- Knowledge of RIA 15.06 a plus.
PROJECT ENGINEERIn this position you will be responsible for creating designs of machines and systems, improving the performance or profitability of existing machine designs, and for ensuring projects are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Meet with and/or corresponds with customers to ensure that their needs and expectations are fully understood and documented.
- Create conceptual design layouts.
- Design and create detailed machine drawings, mechanical assemblies and piece parts which can be manufactured and assembled economically.
- Perform calculations as required to validate design decisions.
- Ensures that machines and components are safe and/or safely guarded.
- Prepare and distribute drawing packages and Bills of Materials.
- Select and/or specify purchased parts to be used in the manufacture of the machine.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments to ensure the timely completion, profitability and proper operation of machinery being built.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing packaging equipment or large capital automated equipment.
- Proficiency in the application and use of mechanical components such as bearings, bushings, belts, pulleys, sprockets, gears, cams, etc.
- Knowledge of electromechanical devices such as servo-motors, electro-cams, etc.
- Perform analytical calculations to evaluate design concepts, including stress/strain, torque, acceleration, drive ratios, etc.
- Ability to evaluate system operations, including production rates for machine processes and recognize potential problems from customer product configurations.
- Knowledge of basic machining practices, as they affect the design, configuration, and cost of manufactured machine piece parts.
- Proficiency in the use of Solidworks and knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Knowledge in the use of Windows applications, primarily File Manager and Print Manager, as well as other applications programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPIn this position you will be responsible for receiving and processing customer orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Receive and process customer orders in a prompt, professional, customer friendly manner
- Become familiar with the special promotional sales offerings and be fluent in explaining each to a prospective customer.
- Pro-actively place calls to targeted customers in order to promote offerings. Document calls in CRM.
- Quote prices and part availability promptly and accurately. Follow-up on open quotes by contacting customers in order to complete the sale.
- Using our ERP system, Bill of Material system, machine manuals, assembly and part drawings, assist customers to determine the parts that they require for their specific machines.
- Work with the Materials Team to arrange “Drop Shipments” from our vendors to the End User and arrange “same day shipments”.
- Issue Return Authorization numbers to customers as required for warranty and/or defective parts, and issue appropriate credits.
- Follow-up on open RMA’s to ensure that the parts are returned to Arpac.
- Process COD orders.
- Assist customers in troubleshooting technical problems; work closely with the Field Service Team, Final Assurance department and the Engineering department as required to solve the customer’s issue.
- Communicate errors and/or omissions in the machine Bill of Material or Spare Parts lists to the engineering department for correction.
- Assist Director of Operations on special assignments designed to both drive revenue and improve operational efficiencies.
- Assist the Accounting Department with collection efforts when input from the parts team can help with collection efforts.
- Communication proficiency
- Professional and customer friendly telephone manner
- Technical Knowledge and proficiency in blue print reading
- Computer proficiency - Word, Excel and ERP
- Proficiency in multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Minimum Associates Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of machines and machine components.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Inside sales experience required.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE **TEMPORARY**
- Provide overall administrative support to the SupportPro customer service organization.
- Download and enter all on-line orders as they are received.
- Monitor and update orders in all customer portals on a daily basis.
- Assist in the data entry of part orders and quotes as necessary
- Process credit card transactions for all part sales.
- Responsible for initiating surveys following each service call using Survey Monkey
- Act as the primary backup for inbound phone and email distribution.
- Format reports from regional technicians to make presentable for customers; includes correcting grammar, spelling, checking for inconsistencies, adding pricing, etc.
- Focus on excellence in all aspects of daily duties to support customer satisfaction
- Follow, support and contribute pro-actively to the ongoing improvement of our company policies, procedures and processes.
- Enter new customer information and update customer contacts in the company CRM as needed.
- Any other administrative assignment for management in support of strategic objectives.
- Must be available to work overtime as required. Regular work hour are 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. however must be available to begin work as early as 7:00 a.m.
- Minimum; High School Diploma preferred
- Excellent communication skills and professional phone manner and voice
- 2 years of experience in customer service or administration role preferred
In this position you will be responsible for the procurement of parts and materials for production, inventory, and our Aftermarket business. Specific purchasing responsibilities include:
- research and obtain quotes from suppliers
- negotiate prices
- process Purchase Orders
- negotiate delivery
- ensure parts and materials availability
- confirm orders
- expedite delivery to meet customer promised dates, production schedules
- work with Engineering to identify alternatives when possible
- returns processing with suppliers and coordinate credit with A/P
- communicate scheduled changes to operations and sales
- communicate Bill of Material discrepancies to Engineering
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience in a purchasing capacity.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical components.
- Experience with ERP/CRP/MRP systems. Knowledge of Epicor a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word required.
- Knowledge of Kan-ban and JIT principles.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
ELECTRO MECHANICAL ASSEMBLERS – 1st and 2nd ShiftMechanical
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings including identifying parts to drawing, symbol recognition and material recognition.
- Utilizing drawings plan assembly and build sequence.
- Build assemblies, sub-assemblies, segments of machines and construct/assist in constructing standalone machines and/or large integrated systems.
- Read, interpret and understand schematics including component and symbol recognition.
- Utilizing schematic, plan electrical assembly and wiring sequence.
- Follow electrical schematic for build and wiring. Builds and wiring may include electrical junction boxes, line connections, stop buttons, push buttons, safety switches, outlets, electrical motors, variable frequency drives, plc’s, electrical sub-assemblies, and other electrical units.
- Build and wire electrical control boxes and panels.
- Wire complete machines and systems.
- Ability to read blueprints and build to prints.
- Ability to read schematic and wire to schematic specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable electrical codes, NFPA-79 and UL 508A
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience preferred
MACHINE OPERATORS (entry level) – 1st Shift
- Load and unload material onto machinery.
- Push button operator on machinery
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience working in a manufacturing / machining environment highly desired
MANUAL MILLING MACHINIST- 2nd Shift (4:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.)
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings including symbols, welding symbols, material type and material shape.
- Plan machining operations by studying work orders, blueprints, drawings, specifications, materials, machining parameters, and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Properly set up and operate Manual Mill and machine parts/components to the required specifications.
- Edit and program Bridgeport Manual Mill using Proto Trac MX2 Controls.
- Plan and perform a wide variety of diversified close tolerance milling operations.
- Ability to read blueprints and machine/weld components from drawings
- Solid knowledge of material shapes and types
- Background and experience with short production runs, multiple setups and changeovers
SERVICE TECHNICIANS (National and Regional)Locations: Chicago, (IL), Denver (CO), Phoenix (AZ), Las Vegas (NV), Minneapolis (MN), Detroit (MI) , Hartford (CT), Providence (RI), Boston (MA)
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales. Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
- Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to ARPAC personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
- Prospect for future business relationships
- Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Travel extensively in assigned territory.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC’s facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all Arpac machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales, Marketing, Final Assurance, Engineering, Production and Materials Management in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent ARPAC with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma and 3 years’ experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
- Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
- Travel experience required.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.